Monday, February 14, 2011

Sweethearts Day

Happy Valentine's Day!  We had a great day.  My oldest son and I picked out some flowers for my Mom, and we took them and the baby to her at work.  She was very surprised, and got to show the new baby around to her work friends.  It was really nice.  She was coming to our house tonight, but we wanted her to have the flowers for her desk at work.  We gave my oldest the "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" DVD for Valentine's Day, and we told him that he could watch it later on with Nana.  She brought him a hamburger, and he was in Heaven!  Movie night with Nana! 

My husband and I, thanks to movie night with Nana, got to go out alone for a nice quiet dinner.  It was sweet.  We got to talk, well at least when the little girl behind us wasn't screaming at us.  I guess the universe was worried we might miss our kids, so it had her kick my seat over and over again, throw her hat at my husband, landing in his drink (nope, her mother and the other adults didn't do anything to discipline her).  Then, the cherry on the top was when she grabbed a handful of my hair and yanked it so hard, it pulled my head back!  I turned and said "Ooooh no no no."  Again, none of the adults even apologized for her behavior.  So, we almost had a childless evening.  It was still fun, and nice to talk to each other without interruptions.  We are very thankful to Nana for giving us that time together. 

We will not be forgetting this Valentine's Day anytime soon (thank you little girl!), and we started a new tradition with a different restaurant.  Next year our boys can join us..... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment