Thursday, February 17, 2011

Snow and Sun!

Playing in the snow in shorts and t-shirts?!  Yes!  That was the scene outside my front door today.  It was gorgeous outside!  My sons and I took a walk (well the oldest took a scoot on his scooter, and my youngest took a ride in the stroller, so I guess I took a walk with 2 boys on wheels).  We went to a playground, and the oldest played for a while before we returned home for lunch.  It smelled like spring, and we had to take our jackets off.  He kept running his scooter through snow piles.  It was so strange.  Then, later in the afternoon, school let out and the school kids were out in t-shirts and shorts, climbing on the snow.  We were back outside, as well, and the kids could not be happier.  My older son is really benefiting from the nicer weather.  He had such cabin fever, as those of you who've read previous posts know.  He already has requested another walk for tomorrow.  Actually, he asked if we could take 2 walks tomorrow. 

I felt bad for a neighbor child, about 5 years old, who is friends with my son, and was watching him play outside from his window.  He is very sick right now, and what a terrible time for that!  We have penciled in plans with them for a play date next week as long as everyone is healthy.  Hopefully some of this nice weather will continue for them. 

My husband came out to play with our oldest, and so I had some time on my hands.  The baby went down for a nap, and I got to researching ovens.  I think I'm having a small panic attack over this.  I know this is something we'll have for a long time, and that really puts the pressure on me to pick out something great.  It also bugs me that all of our appliances are white, except the over-range microwave which is black.  (Our current range is bisque with black).  I'm already annoyed that once I get a white stove to match the fridge and dishwasher that the microwave is going to look mismatched.  Yes, I care about stupid things like that.  I can't help it.  It just bugs me.  It is very sad, though, to be upset over it before the stove is even here. 

I am trying to decide between joining a  yoga class or a dance class, on top of picking out this stove.  Yoga seems more doable at this time, as the dance class I was considering would involve my husband.  If I do yoga, I can go alone and automatically have childcare at home.  Also, the time requirement would work with the baby's feeding schedule.  What is with all of these decisions!  It's difficult to make them when they start to pile up. 

With the windows open all day, our house smells amazing.  It's making me drowsy, and all warm and fuzzy feeling (just like when I check the Dow J on a day when stocks are up).  I am going to take a nice, long shower, put on the good lotion which is the best aromatherapy I have around here, and hop into bed in my spring-fresh room.  I hope everyone else had a great day today, and got to enjoy some of the weather one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment