Friday, February 18, 2011

And the Nice Weather is Blown Away...

The wind outside is wicked.  We just pulled all loose objects inside (yes, at nearly midnight) because they are saying to expect power outages, downed trees, and property damage.  The wind is disturbing the kids' sleep, too.  I just had to help my oldest get back to sleep after a trip to the potty, and now he is in my bed.  Usually I do not allow him in my bed, but when he is super disoriented (not fully awake really) it helps to calm him if I bring him in my bed while I sit and read or type.  When he's that out of it he just cries and talks jibberish, and it's hard to calm him, so bringing him in here works.  It's pretty rare that we have to do that, but at least it helps him.  He usually drifts back to fully asleep rather quickly.  The wind is so disruptive tonight, though, so we'll see if he can tune it out.

We took a very long walk around our neighborhood, and the neighborhood kind of next to ours.  Once again my oldest had his scooter with him.  My husband showed up after about an hour of walking, and we were on our way home.  At least he got a few minutes in the nice weather.  The wind is chasing all of that away.  We were all outside together later in the afternoon and early evening for a few hours.  A lot of our neighbors were out, as well.  Everyone wanted to soak up that last bit of nice weather before it gets cold again tomorrow.  They are calling for snow, even, next week.  Oh well.  It was a nice preview of spring.  I even got to open our windows yesterday and today, and let in the fresh air. 

Look, my little guy is asleep already.  When I'm done this post I'll carry him back to bed.  I don't know what's going on in the baby's room, but I keep hearing crazy sounds on the monitor.  I think debris might be hitting the house outside his room.  I keep checking on him, and all looks fine.  It's going to be a long night, especially since this isn't even supposed to be the worst of it yet!

Tomorrow is supposed to be windy all day.  We are going to look at stoves, I think, and I have to do the housework.  At least no outdoor activities were planned that the bad wind could ruin.  Hopefully the power holds up.

I guess I should get this little monkey back to bed, and get myself ready for bed.  Or I'll leave him here until my husband comes upstairs, and he can carry him!  I think that's a good plan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment