Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Arrival

The new double oven, convection, 5 burner stove came today!  They called yesterday, saying they could deliver it early, so we agreed to that.  It is awesome.  I keep trying to figure out a way to make out with it.  haha  I at least want to bring my pillow down and sleep beside it tonight.  Tomorrow, for the inaugural dinner, I believe I'll be making coq au vin.  We shall see! 

My husband installed the oven for us himself.  He tried to convince me it was back as far as it would go against the wall, but it was still like half a foot out from the wall!  So I told him it was okay, we'll just call someone and pay them to put it in better, and then suddenly my husband had a brilliant idea as to how to get it against the wall without breaking the gas line.  It's amazing how you mention spending money and voila, a man has a million fabulous ideas to keep you from spending that money.  The fix is really easy, the gas line just needed to be set back a little further, so he's going to cut a slot for it so the stove won't be bending it or breaking it.  The gas line will be able to be up against the wall this way.  So if anyone else runs into this problem, there's how you get around it.  Cut the hole in the floor where it comes out a little bigger, back against the wall. 

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm dying to get my hands on this instruction manual, and figure out how to use all the features this baby has to offer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment