Thursday, February 3, 2011

Get your grill

We are still covered in snow here, and that includes our deck.  Tonight we wanted to grill, so out came the shovel.  We are serious about our grilling.  It made me think of summer, cooking out, steaming crabs, and chewing out the snowball man for not coming around enough.  "I have an addiction, sir!"  I'm thinking the snowball thing won't be as intense this year since I am no longer pregnant.  (I'm sure the snowball man will be relieved.  I am pretty sure I had him worried about my sanity as I interrogated him as to his whereabouts on days he failed to show up in our cul de sac.)  I'm all ready for summer, except the summer attire part.  I'm still working on losing the baby weight.  They say 9 months on, 9 months off, but I'd prefer it if it would just disappear about.... now.  Ugh, that did not work. 

My 3 year old NEEDS to get outside and run around.  I don't like taking the baby out in this weather, so we haven't been outside too much.  We pretty much get out to shovel, and for an occasional sledding play date with the neighbors. 

I know I'm not the only one sick of the yucky weather.  Yesterday I heard the groundhog did not see his shadow.  Good.  I hope he is right, and spring comes early.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy winter weather to an extent, but I do seem to tire of it more quickly each year.  I could also do without a line up of winter boots by my back door.  It does not go with my wine and grapes theme in the kitchen. 

Oh, and for the record, my usual mailman had off today.  It's a good thing I heard someone on our stoop, or our package would've sat out on the wet stoop for who knows how long.  RING THE BELL!  Dave rings the bell, and he waits for me to open the door and get my package directly from him.  I'm spoiled.  That's okay with me, though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment