Friday, January 21, 2011

Looking Toward The Weekend...

Since yesterday's post actually went up 10 minutes into today, I am going to get a jump start on today's post.  Well, mostly because my beloved "Real Time with Bill Maher" is on tonight, and I can't write and watch that show properly at the same time!  I adore "comedy" that you need to use your brain for.  I like to be entertained while keeping up with current events.  Does this make me some kind of a geek?  I don't know.  I don't care.  I love it!  :)

Fridays are usually pretty busy for me.  With my husband traveling, I've been trying to clean the entire house on Friday so I have the weekend to relax, and spend together with my family.  I also like to get a little time to myself right after he's been away for awhile, and cleaning by myself does not count!  I have to think about what I would like to do this weekend to re-charge my batteries for a little while.  Maybe a trip to Starbucks for a PSL, and then some quality time with the New York Times.  Speaking of, I should run out and grab my paper off the driveway.  My carrier tends to just not drop it off on Fridays.  Either that, or we have someone in the neighborhood who really likes Friday's edition and keeps taking it.  Somehow I think that is not the case.

Speaking of home delivery... I adore my mailman.  I appreciate good customer service, and he goes above and beyond.  If I have a delivery, he rings my bell and hands me my package and the mail for the day.  No other mailman has done that for me.  He used to wait in his truck and wave when he saw me pick it up, but he saw me with the baby, and now he makes sure I get my package and helps me get it inside if it's large.  I gave him my homemade cookies at Christmas, and this, perhaps, has encouraged this excellent customer service to continue.  I noticed he had off the other day because my mail service was not nearly as awesome.  I got a package, left on my stoop, no knock or bell ring, and the mail was left in the cluster box at the end of the street instead of with my package.  I hope he's back today!  He is so appreciated!  See, it pays to be great to your customers.  It also pays for the customer to let someone know when they are happy with their service.  Everyone wins.

I also want to mention a new online retailer I used yesterday.  soap.com has all sorts of vitamins, beauty products, soap, natural and organic products, etc...  I was out of one of my difficult to find vitamins, so I gave it a shot.  They  have free OVERNIGHT shipping on orders of $25 or more.  I placed my order in late afternoon, and it was on my doorstep this morning!  Again, it pays to be great to your customers, because here I am singing their praises.  I got a few more things I needed to meet that $25, and so my shipping was free.  This is awesome for busy Mommas, busy Daddies, or busy anybodies!  They have good selection, too.  Give them a shot. 

I guess it is time for me to start cleaning this place so I can get most or all of it done before tonight.  I have to take frequent breaks to feed baby and tend to his needs, though most of the time I just wear him in his front carrier and he comes along for the ride while I clean.  It still takes 5 hours to clean when I have the boys by myself, even with the carrier.  So, here's another plug... front carriers are awesome.  I don't want to know how long it would take me to do the things I need to do without one! 

So, lots of recommendations in today's blog.  Hope some of them were useful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment