Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Unrelated

To start my post about unrelated things, I'll begin by mentioning someone I am related to.  My sister and I know each other pretty darn well, as most sisters do I imagine.  But sometimes we think so alike, it's a little freaky.  She sent me an email today, alerting me to the ability to pre-order a book she knew I'd like on amazon.  I had already pre-ordered that book.  She also pre-ordered the book, but now she is reconsidering that and putting dibs on my pre-ordered book.  She's pre-borrowing my pre-ordered book.  I love that, had I not been aware of this, she would have been there to make sure I knew I could have everything in place to get that book ASAP.  I love to read, and I love Tina Fey, so, naturally, I'm anxiously awaiting her "Bossypants" book.  Thanks, sis.

Also, semi-related, I need to shout out to my sister and mother for their help this week.  They are too good for us, but don't tell them that or they might find another family!!

I love to watch the Food Network.  As a chick who has struggled with her weight over the years, some years more than others, this is deadly.  I have an addiction, sir!  But tonight, they were cooking and eating chicken gizzards, and it was flat out sickening to me.  Perhaps I have broken my addiction.  Chicken gizzards will do that.

The baby is sitting up, now!  He can sit for pretty long periods of time, and is really doing much better with stabilizing himself when he starts to lean.  He is starting to realize that this new sitting up position is optimal for playing with toys, and with observing things around him.  At the same time I am realizing that my baby is becoming less of a baby and more of a kiddo.  *sigh*  It's so bittersweet. 

Tomorrow we are making green cupcakes!  We all have our green outfits ready to go, and we hope that everyone else remembers to wear green to avoid any pinching!  Happy St. Patty's Day Eve, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment