Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Must Sleep...

Why do both kids work together to obliterate any chance a Momma has to get any quality rest?!  My sons ganged up on my yesterday and today.  Last night, the oldest wouldn't go to sleep until 11:30, and then I went in to do the last minute diaper change for the baby, and he was awake and smiling.  He was full on ready to play!  Ugh!  So, I changed him and fed him again, which I knew that meant he would have more fuel for peeing out his diaper.  Then, he was STILL awake!  So I rocked him, and watched tv.  Then, I fed him again.... you get the picture.  It was nearly 3AM when he went to sleep.  Then he was up, soaking wet, at 7:30.  My oldest slept in due to staying up late, but I woke him when I got the baby down for a morning nap so he could eat breakfast.  I put breakfast on the table and then laid on the couch.  Then my oldest wanted to lay down with me.  So he was bumping me, squashing me, climbing on me, and then the baby only slept 1 hour so there was no sleep to be had.  Then, during the baby's afternoon nap, the same thing happened with the oldest crawling all over me as I desperately tried to catch some zzz's.  I figured they'd pass out at bedtime tonight, but the baby stayed up until 10:30, and I can still hear the oldest one in his room.  I have one last household chore to do before bed, but I'm doing it and then I'm going to bed.  I am going to sleep with my fingers crossed that they sleep well.  Also, I am going to hope the baby stays asleep when I do the diaper change.  Please, think positive thoughts for us!  I need to be able to refresh myself to be a good Momma tomorrow. 

I know my other Momma friends know exactly what I'm talking about.  We've all been here!

No comments:

Post a Comment