Sunday, March 20, 2011

Goodbye Love

Big Love is over!  ACK!  A show my husband and I loved to watch together, and it's gone.  I had no idea how they were going to wrap it up, so I'm not sure if saying I was surprised by the ending is much of an announcement.  Any ending would have been a surprise!  So, goodbye Love, we enjoyed our time with you.  Thank you for the laughs, the tears, and the exasperation.  I won't talk too much about the last episode, because I don't want to be the big spoiler for those waiting to watch it on their DVR. 

We are following up that heavy episode with The Roast of Donald Trump.  A hefty dose of stupidity and laughs to lighten the mood. 

On to other things, the baby kept us all entertained at dinner by squealing with glee before and after every single bite of his cereal mixed with prunes.  Oh yes, he screams for prunes.  Everyone was in stitches over it.  As if our table wasn't loud enough at meal times!  I wish I could get that excited over cereal and prunes.  Neither get so much as a "Hell yeah!" out of me, let alone shrieks of delight. 

Sarah Vowell has a new book out!  It's about the history of Hawaii.  I must get my hands on this book!  I have all of her other books, and they are all fabulous.  If you like non-fiction and prefer history be presented in a humorous, understandable and even relatable way, then you'll love her.  Check any of her books out.  You won't be disappointed.

And good news for those of you who've just been dying for a pot-pie cereal, my son has announced his plans to create this delicacy.  He is super excited about it.  Finally he'll have his wish of pot-pie for every meal!  Who knows what he'll come up with next.  Is this how Thomas Edison started out?

No comments:

Post a Comment