Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hurting the Hurt

The government is still going back and forth with this budget business.  Anyone else noticing the republican solutions are to cut programs that help the middle and lower classes.  The folks who are hurting the most are expected to take the biggest hit.  So not only did they preserve the tax cuts for the ultra rich, they aren't asking anything of them or huge corporations in the budget, either.  Talk about kicking folks when they're down.  Hello, you're being stepped on, people!  I'm still astounded by the people I see in the lower and middle classes fighting so passionately in favor of a party of folks who have none of their interests on their actual agenda.  They're just really good at tricking them into thinking that helping the folks who clearly need no additional help will somehow help them.  It never does, it never does.  When will people get that?  I mean, if that were true, why, in the 8 years before our current administration, did these lower and middle class conservatives not make out like bandits and bump up into the upper economic class?  No, their situation was made significantly worse, yet they still act like the other side is evil, and we need the conservatives to come fix what they broke in the first place!  Sometimes I feel that everyone around me is drinking the kool-aid.  It seems so simple to me.  No, not how exactly to fix everything, I'm not claiming to have all the answers, I just can plainly see which folks are having their interests catered to and who that is hurting.  I see people with foreclosed homes, on medicaid, struggling to feed their family, on food stamps so desperately hating the democrats who are trying so hard to clean up the terrible mess left behind by the republicans whom they are singing the praises of.  I do not get it. 

On a lighter note, my husband told me last night that we were having a dinner guest today.  I totally killed it with some fabulous stuffed peppers, couscous, and salad.  Those peppers are just so good, I can't even tell you how good!  haha  We all ate a little too much.  :)  I also had the house all pulled together, and fed the baby and myself plus the 3 year old who wouldn't feed himself.  Who's the warlock now, Charlie Sheen!?!  I have Momma Bear Blood running through my veins!  Grrrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment