Wednesday, October 12, 2011

That's Sir Ninja Esquire to you....

Today my son was cleaning up the toys he and my youngest had spread out all over our living room, so I said "Thank you, Angel.  That really helps Momma!"  I often call him Angel, after all he's my sweet baby who is a perfect angel... when he's asleep.  Well, today he was so quick to say "Don't call me Angel, Mommy.  I'm a boy.  That sounds like a girl's name."  So I asked him what he'd like to be called instead.  "You could call me.... Ninja!"  I don't even think he really knows what a ninja is, but he has heard the word and thinks it's cool.  haha  For the rest of the night we called him "Ninja", along with a million other things he requested we refer to him as... such as Superman, Professor, Space Ranger, Doctor Engineer, Sir, Mister, and Blueberry (how that didn't fall into the "too girly" category I will never understand...). 

The poor thing is completely ill, yet again.  This is his 3rd illness since the weekend after labor day.  He has missed 5 days of school.  You are all probably sick of me mentioning him being sick, and let me tell you that I am so sick of it, too.  I want... I NEED something else to report!  He has an extracurricular cooking class tomorrow after school, and I'm so worried about sending him there with his coughing and runny nose.  Who wants to be cooking around that?  I will be doing some serious meditating tonight, hoping to attract some positive energy for this house.  He needs to be on the mend!  Maybe this means everyone will be right as rain for the holidays!?!  I hope so.  In the mean time, I'll take the extra snuggles.

Speaking of sick, time to get your flu shot!  I got mine today. =)  All the cool kids are doing it.  

And, on a "Remembering why I'm still a 58 year old man"-note:
I sent out two cards yesterday to two of my dearest friends.  I miss these ladies being close by every day.  I mean miss to the point of tears on occasion.  I'm so lucky to have found great friends along my journey in life, and I wish I could have had them close by forever.  I guess I need to share them with the rest of the world.  =(  I like sending out real mail.  I don't know how many folks still do it, but it makes my girls feel closer when I can send real paper and ink their way.  Don't get me wrong, I obviously love email and online communication, but I do like the occasional snail mail.  We send holiday gifts each year to our friends' children in Germany.  I started doing it because I thought of how it would have made my little kid year to get a gift from oversees from a little foreign buddy of mine.  Heck, a letter would have been awesome.  (But we all know every kid loves presents!)  I try to think of something they don't necessarily have over there.  We sent last year's Hess truck to the little boy because it had a plane and he loves planes, and we figured Hess was not something Germany would have.  All this mailing stuff also gives me a great excuse to get a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, which is in our grocery store right next to customer service where I buy my stamps.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment