Saturday, February 23, 2013

Lord of the Flies... suburb style

In about a week and a half I'll be having some surgery (I'll spare you a long explanation here), and so I have started prepping my husband and sons for Momma being out of commission for a little while.  I am pretty good at preparing for times when we'll be away from the kids, and we leave them with family.  I have a system that involves a printed schedule, sleep and meal time info, and another page that has other important info on it like where the first aid kits are... yes, kits.  We have two boys, so more than one boo boo box comes in handy. I have been treating this like I do when we go away for a couple days... only the schedule and helpful hints are for my husband.  Tonight I thought we'd review the schedule, and if he had any questions we could go over them.  I am trying to make it so everything goes smoothly.

So I run through when they get up, get them dressed, feed them, school time, naptime, bedtime... etc.  I left no details unaccounted for, such as "Put him down for a nap in comfortable clothes", so our 2 year old didn't have to try to sleep in jeans and a hoodie or something.  I'm very specific.  I guess my husband had his own ideas....

Me So, that's how our day goes.  If it's important, it's on this list.  Do you think it's helpful?

Him Okay, sure.  That's great.  BUT here's how it's going to go down.... Do you see that auto feeder for the cats over there?  I'm going to go to the pet store and buy several more.  I'm going to fill some with water, some with cat crunchies, and fill the littler box up to the top with litter so they can bury about 2 weeks of poop in it.  Then, I'm going to take a few more auto feeders, fill one with ice and milk and the other with cooked hot dog chunks.  That should take care of the kids.  Oh, and by the way, do not worry about the little one going down for a nap in comfortable clothes.  I'll just keep him in the same comfy pajamas for 2 weeks.  Then I won't have to worry about if his clothes are comfy enough, or if I get him dressed in time.  

Me I feel so much better knowing you have a plan.  A terrible plan, but at least you've thought it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment